Winter [holiday] is coming…
While the holiday season has come and gone in the west, China is getting ready for it’s biggest holiday of the year; Chinese New Year (Or Spring Festival.)
During this period, the entire country almost grinds to a halt as most people take a deserved rest and travel back to their hometowns to celebrate the holidays with their family.
What’s that got to do with anything? There will be quite a big disruption to our services during this period. Firstly, our staff will be taking some well-earned time off and therefore we will be slow to reply to emails. Secondly, logistics in China will mostly pause for this period. Thirdly, most of our suppliers will also take a break. This will affect the supply of products before / during / after the holiday.
- Be quick. If you’re thinking of buying something in the coming weeks, order now. Most orders placed before Jan 22nd should be shipped before the Spring Festival. Even if not, the earlier you order, your order will be first processed after the holiday, beating the inevitable back-log of orders.
- Be patient. We will be doing our best to minimise disruption, but some things are simply out of our control.
- Be excited. We’re gonna come back from the holiday recharged and ready to go with the aim to make 2024 the Year of the Panda!
- Be pro-active. If you’re in a rush to get something for a race, etc. send us a message. You may be able to pay to upgrade to express shipping, etc. But check with us first.
- January 22nd: Last date to order for shipping before CNY. (Not guaranteed, message us if critical.)
- February 8th – 17th: Panda Podium office closed (Limited service, no shipping.)
- February 18th: Back in the office, service resumes.
You can still place orders throughout this period, when we return to the office orders will be processed on a first-come first-served basis.
As always, feel free to contact us.