OVERFAST: The World's Lightest Thru Axles.
Listen to your inner weight weenie.
If you’re like us; you’re obsessed with shaving grams from your bike. We get it, we get you – that’s why when we saw the OVERFAST thru axles, we knew we had to stock them.
At around 30-31g per pair, the OVERFAST thru-axles are a stylish weigh to drop upto 100g from your bike without any compromise to performance. The Thru-axles are available in a variety of lengths, compatible with the latest disc brake bikes from Pinarello, Bianchi, GIANT, Colnago, Merida, Specialized, Trek, Cannondale, Factor, Cervelo, BMC and Scott.
If you have another brand, we’re able to custom order your thru-axles, but lead times may be longer.
Stock Cervelo thru-axles: 129g.
OVERFAST Cervelo thru-axles: 30.7g.
Serious about Safety
As much as we’re obsessed with weight; we know the old adage rings true – Safety First. OVERFAST thu-axles have undergone years of research, development & testing. Throughout development one thing was paramount; there would be no compromise to safety. While some manufacturers have experimented with bonding aluminium threads to carbon thru-axle shafts, our patented technique relies on a mechanical interface between the carbon and alloy components. While we also use aerospace-grade adhesives to bond the two, the adhesive is just for added peace of mind. Even without the adhesive, our thru-axles have a tensile strength of 500kgf. With the adhesive the overall tensile strength of the thru axle is over 900kgf.
OVERFASTs testing includes the following:
- Thru Axle Fatigue test with wheelset (EN Standard)
- Thru Axle Impact test with wheelset (UCI Standard)
- Maximum Torque Test (19Nm)
- Maximum Tensile Strength Test (>950kgf)
- X-Ray Inspection Test
- Lateral Compression test. ( 100-200kg)
- Carbon Cap Impact and Fatigue Resistance Test. (20j impact, 12Nm torque installation and disassembly for 200 cycles a 1 minute intervals.)
- More than one year real-world testing. (WuBo, 80kg Taiwanese Sprinter)
Environmentally conscious design
We respect that one of the greatest aspects of the bicycle is how environmentally friendly it can be. However, we’re also aware that certain manufacturing techniques have the potential to cause harm to the environment. OVERFAST are also committed to environmetally aware production and packaging techniques. This includes their packaging that try to maximize recycled and recyclable materials.
Basic Care & Attention
While the OVERFAST thru-axles are durable for a weight-weenie part; they’re still an expensive piece of carbon fiber, and so you should use basic care and attention when using the thru-axles.
- Use good quality hex wrenches when installing or uninstalling the thru-axles.
- Make sure the head of the tool is inserted at least 15mm into the thru axle before tightening or untightening.
- To avoid damage; use a torque wrench for installation. The recommended torque is 7-9Nm.